Monday, June 12, 2017

Captain Canuck Cast Pin-Up by Scott Dutton

While looking up details on a completely unrelated comics matter, I was taken to Scott Dutton's Catspaw Dynamics page and reminded of a pin up he did of the good Captain.

According to Mr. Dutton, the art itself is from 1995 but the version below appeared in the second issue of the Captain Canuck: Unholy War mini series.


How many of those characters can you name?  Answers below. 


1) Captain Canuck (Tom Evans or Darren Oak), 2) Nu-Enoch, 3) Marcel, the monster, 4) Lowell Michaels, the monster, 5) Fen, 6) Brant, 7) Lady Elodil, 8) Rion, 9) Splatter (Manny Ferrara), 10) Officer Nyro-Ka, the alien, 11) The Alien Commander, 12) Heather Michaels, 13) Nathan Oak and the World Government, 14) Jonn, 15) Mister Gold, 16) CISO Shuttle and Boosters, 17) General Sunn, CISO, 18) Lord West, Earth Patrol, 19) Stardance, 20) Daniel Blackbird, 21) Double Whammy, 22) Jamie Oak, 23) Kebec, 24) Redcoat, 25) Bluefox.
Boy...As much as I enjoyed the Captain's books at the time, this really underscores how much Chapterhouse improved the cast. I know not everyone is into "reimagining" material but I can't think of one misstep in this case.

Speaking of Unholy War, I'm restructuring some of the pages above and that will include moving CC West to the Alternate Versions page in order to make more room to display more art, whether in the form of sketch covers or various...huh...variant covers. No ETA on that at the moment but I'm chipping away.

Also, while I was working on this post, the Captain Canuck Twitter account promised big news on Wednesday. Any chance it involves an animated series, as speculated earlier? We'll find out within 48 hours.

Edit: Incredible. I posted the above image today for the hell of it, and now I see that the Captain Canuck Fan Page also posted it on June 9th.  A coincidence, I assure you.

No comments:

Post a Comment