Thursday, December 21, 2017

CSIS Agent: Captain Canuck

I've spent the early part of my evening updating the "season 3" and "con variants" pages and while looking for material to add to those pages, I came across a relatively recent image of an alternate version of the Captain.  Specifically, it's from March 2016.


I say it is "relatively recent" because work on this project has always progressed at a pace glaciers would envy. However, in this case, any pace might be positive news.

The project is (or was, it's always hard to tell) spearheaded by Captain Canuck creator Richard Comely's son, Christian. I believed that the emergence of Chapterhouse's version pretty well spelled the end of the CSIS Agent variety above (because I'd basically been told that very thing) but Chapterhouse was well into its publishing by March 2016 and Christian was still talking about it.  Here's what he had to say about the image when he posted it on Facebook.
I am working on it, keep an eye on the FB page that is where i will be updating as i go. I work full time not doing comics, so it is slow going but me and my writing partner have come up with some really good stuff!
Since Richard Comely still appears to be involved with Chapterhouse on some level, then perhaps Christian's version of the Captain could see the light of day at some point. Alternate reality? Back-up story?

Unlikely, but not impossible. It was cool to stumble into new (to me) art regardless and I hope Christian is encouraged to continue with the project. His design for Bluefox is copied below.


No comments:

Post a Comment