Tuesday, September 22, 2020

"Holy Maple Leaf!"

In my March 15th post about the Captain Canuck newspaper comic strip, I mentioned that I would use my newspapers.com account to track down old articles about our favourite hero. It's taken me several months to finally get around to it but I poked around a bit tonight and found what I think is a good place to start.

This is the earliest article I could come across. It is from the June 10th, 1975, Ottawa Journal. Being that the first issue of the original series was cover-dated July of that year and was just about to hit the shelves, there can't be that many articles published prior to this one. It may be the very first. It probably doesn't reveal much you didn't already know, but it's interesting on that basis. 





Speaking of newspapers, I've added about a half dozen strips under the, well, Newspaper Strips page above. I'll be working on that over the next couple of nights as well. 

I'll post more of these articles as I locate them.

1 comment: