Monday, September 21, 2020

Redcoat Year One Art by Ho Che Anderson

Before going on to update some of the pages around the blog some more tonight, there's something I came across that I think fans of the Chapterhouse characters would like to see. 

Not counting Free Comic Book Day issues, most Captain Canuck series and its spinoffs tend to be four issues in length.

Quite some time ago, I saw a cover for Redcoat: Year One. It was displayed as issue five in the Year one series which, because it went against pattern, caused me to question its authenticity. I thought perhaps it was fan art but then it found its way onto the publisher's Facebook group.

From deep-cover ops to espionage, Lt. Olivia Wallace Yeates is the last of the Redcoats. Our double feature origin rounds off with one of Captain Canuck's greatest ally. Redcoat: Year One, story & art by Ho Che Anderson.
Double feature, you say?

That's right, two days earlier, Chapterhouse displayed a different cover for the same issue, this one featuring Kebec! Apparently this will be a flip book.


If you follow Chapterhouse's social media, this will be a reminder at best. What some may have yet to see is that Captain Canuck Season Five writer/artist Ho Che Anderson shared some of the art on Instagram account well before then (October of last year, in fact). Here it is, and his account is here

These are a couple of pages from a story I did for Chapterhouse Comics a couple of years ago that, due to scheduling issues, still hasn't seen the light of day...Soon I'm told. I wrote, drew, colored and lettered this job which was a lot of work but also a lot of fun, and it was the first time I got my hands on a company-owned property since my Milestone days. Doing creator-owned work is satisfying in its own way but it's nice to be invited to play with someone else's toys as well—which, I'm happy to say, is something I'll be doing again shortly. Stay tuned.
"A couple of years ago"...The man did this work in 2017.

I don't believe I've ever seen the fifth issue of Year One officially solicited but #4 was, back in early 2018, and #3 was just made available for order in print. Maybe we'll get to see the rest of this book before long!

No comments:

Post a Comment